Looking After Your Empty Property In Valencia
If you own a flat and property in Valencia that is currently vacant, there are a number of issues you may not have thought about. Properties that are neither occupied nor for sale through a real estate agent can be at risk from several dangers. But the good news is that preventive measures can be taken.
- First, your flat can attract squatters. Unless it’s well-guarded with observant, quick-to-react neighbors, empty properties are at risk of being occupied. To avoid this, there are several measures that can be taken to give the impression the flat is in use, such as a Valencia home custodian.
- Second, something might happen elsewhere in the building that could do any amount of damage to your empty flat. Imagine there’s a water leak in a neighboring property. The chances are they won’t even realize until the damage has been done. Occasions like this are when property management in Valencia can be invaluable, saving money in the long run.
- Third, you’re probably familiar with Valencia’s torrential rain, and how it can cause damage to outward-facing flats. It doesn’t have to be on an upper floor with a roof terrace. Any flat can suffer severe leaks through the frontage, windows, and balconies. Wooden or laminate floors are easily ruined during heavy rain if water gets through.
- Fourth, keep up the maintenance. Believe it or not, a flat that is empty for months at a time will deteriorate. Ventilation is especially important for managed properties in Valencia because of heat and humidity. Even if it’s just once a month, it is well worth giving it a good clean, letting the water run, and checking all electrical appliances.
- Fifth, regular post is important. It’s not just a question of missing an important or urgent letter. A mailbox stuffed full of flyers and junk mail is one of the first signs of an empty or unattended flat. Always check for posts.
- Sixth, watch out for signs of pests. Mice, cockroaches, and ants are the most common. They can cause severe problems in flats, and not just from a sanitary perspective. They quickly ruin furniture, and the cost of disinfection and fumigation is high.
If you have an empty property in Valencia, or you’re planning to leave it empty for a few months, we can give you the peace of mind that it will be cared for, watched over, and well preserved by experienced home custodians.
Contact us for more information.
WhatsApp: +44 7429 330 639